Friday, July 20, 2007

Of blood and water


Is it a bad sign that I'm out of things to write when I'm just into my 3rd post? Hmmm... Gary, you still think I'm the writer-type? Right, speaking of Gary, well, he's sorta like my cousin. Not convinced? I dare you to try and decipher my family tree - he's my grandma's(on my dad's side) sister's grandson! Ta-dah! In other words, he's my dad's cousins' son. Gosh, I didn't know I can use so many 's-ses in one sentence....I think it's grammatically wrong to do so, but I'm not exactly sitting for my IELTS now am I, so rojakla! Gary's blog is fantastic, go check it out, he's on my blog read list. Actually, he's the one who got me into blogging, so big THANKS to ya! This whole "distant" cousin thingy got me wondering if such things really do exist?! Can you really be "distant" to your own relative? To your own blood? And what if you find yourself "closer" to your "distant" relative compared to that of your immediate relative? In the context of blood, where science had it so simple, A, B, AB, or O, I can't help but wonder, is blood the only tie that binds us to each other? My dad used to tell me and my sisters that family is most important, that friends can come and go. But what if certain friends become more important and more significant in your life than your relatives? At the end of the day, is blood really that much thicker than water??


Heavy thoughts aside, I got a very interesting and informative text from my aunt today. She told me that I should be careful what I put in my blog - yes, I have very hip and happening blog-reading, IT savvy aunties - and come to think of it, the things she told me are very true, so I'm removing the picture of the "BUTT PIRATE" novel from my previous post! So if you missed out on that very interesting picture, too bad la!!

Ahhh, I think I should stop here....it's late and my dog, Bonggo - please do not make fun of my dog's name - needs to pee. Seriously, he has the worst pee and poo timing ever! It's 1 freakin' a.m and he needs to go!

~erm, I sorta need to pee........like, right now!


Speaking of poo....hehe....log on tomorrow for my very first, "Friday's Fabulous Faeces Fact!" Hahaha....seriously, it's not for the faint hearted. I got the idea from a blog I read that weighed the pros and cons of dog shit versus cat poo....seriously!

3 comments:

G@rY said...

I see my name! I see my name! I see my name!

*blushes like a baboon's bottom*

on a high from your praises already. haha! but worried I won't live up to the expectations. my blog is rather noob compared to many others.

oh well, thanks for making my day!

your lovable close, 'distant' cousin Gary.

ps. one more thing, its so awesome reading your sis's blog. her baby has the awesome-st name. tell her that!

Jolyn said...

hey! i read your sis' blog too. I am sure she have adorable kids :)

btw, y are u labelling me as a nanny ah?!

Anonymous said...

That's the same dog who raped Roy's arm and Wsin's leg!!Godbless*