Sunday, August 26, 2007

Of Sleep, or Rather The Lack There Of!

Ah, it's been less than 3 weeks - seriously? it feels like 3 months already - since Year 3 of med school started and I'm already deprived of sleep!! Ah, sad sad sad! My most favourite past time next to eating and I ain't getting nearly enough of it! Argh....frustrating!!

People always say that this is the life of a doctor, I get it, I do, just in the mood to complain!! Yups, I get mighty nasty when I don't get mah sleep, so bite me!! Still, I can't be going to the wards with my face down to there, so the next most favourable option is to pent up all the sleepiness, tiredness, laziness, discontentness (hmm, does this word exist?), all the ness, suck it up and put on a brave, sympathetic and approachable face! And might I say I pull it off pretty well!! Ah, showmanship! Or some people would just call it two-faced smug; I personally prefer the former! Still it only takes one patient to make all the general negative-ness go away. Sympathy kicks in like caffeine in a triple shot venti cappuccino (ah, what I would give for a starbucks or coffee bean right now!) and I find myself silently giving thanks to be where I am, right then, on the other side of the bed.

Alas, like all great coffee, one can only hold out for so long. Caffeine clears from the system and tolerance level plummets to a depressing low, ease of being aggitated sky-rockets. It feels like I'm about to rip off the heads of some of the more annoying and irritating coursemates (namely the "-itis"s - it's an inside joke)! By this time though, it'll be late evening and I'll be well on my way back, frustration is replaced with nonchalance. The prospect of dinner, shower, and sleep (or at least rest) is like winning the lottery (lol....dramatic I know). Then it happens, the realization of a horrificly true fact.....


There's NO WATER HEATER YET so it's COLD SHOWER, AGAIN!!!!!!! F*@#

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo yo. i understand how u feel. better to be standing n lookin at patients than be lying down as one. ehehe. suck it up. starbucks aint everything. you got Kuala Terengganu famous coffee .... i just cant remember the name.

Oh yeah.. the bakuteh shop in the last post. I think its the same shop i ate when i was there too. Horrible stuff man... cant compare to things back here in klang.hehhe. when u come back make sure u tapau like 5 kgs, freeze it den fly it to KT:)