Friday, August 7, 2009

Of Karma and the Gang...

Do you believe in reincarnation?! Yeah....I mean the whole rebirth thing when you pass on in this life...well, karma is supposed to be like cosmic payback.....OK, when I put it like that, people would generally think that karma's all about the bad things in life...I mean, how could it not be?
The idea of it though, it's so, how do I put it, "unfair" for us who are alive and breathing right now. Think of it, if karma really does exist, you would be subjected to the things that you did in your past life......and here's the catch, you don't even REMEMBER your past life do ya?! Hence, "unfair"!
Those who don't believe in these spiritual - there is a greater power thing - might argue that karma is a way religion sorta "scares" us into doing good and avoiding the bad stuff in life 'coz if you do good then you will lead an easy life in your next life and if you do bad...well, you get the flow!
I personally believe in karma, it's true, I do....to me, it's not a bad thing, it keeps human grounded, keeps us objective and keeps us humane! I may not believe there is a "power up there" that keeps track on the things you do in life...like the good and bad lists santa keeps.....but I do believe that somehow or rather, cosmic payback occurs, both the good things AND the bad things...like I said, it keeps us human humane! I don't necessarily believe that all your karma goes to your next life though....'coz here's when people will say, "ahhh, it's ok, the poor son of a bitch who becomes me when I'm long gone will suffer - not me!!" I believe that karma is spilled over into your current life...your current future, if you get what I mean....
Are you a believer now?! Don't get me wrong here, I'm not pushing religion....just the simple idea of do good and good shall be done upon you...but here comes the next enigma, people who do good, and EXPECT good things to happen to them! haha.....it's all such a blur ain't it?! hehe....
So if I do believe in karma, and mind you I do, man, my past life I must have been such a BRAG! Brag brag bragging away.....

No comments: