Thursday, August 27, 2009

Of Humans and Cockroaches....

So I have a friend who's fascinated with cockroaches....
seriously, it feels like he knows everything there is to know about 'em roaches~
The other day I was on the way to the hospital with him and out of the blue the topic about roaches suddenly came up. Don't ask me how it came about, I can't remember, it was just SO RANDOM!

Did you know that cockroaches can survive for at least 3 days after you remove their heads??
Seriously!! I don't know how true it is, it was told so "matter of fact"-ly that one can't do anything but accept it as the truth and ponder the question, "how the hell did he know that?"

That's not all, he goes on to EXPLAIN, that the headless roaches ONLY lives 3 days BECAUSE, get this, they can only survive that long without drinking water......F*&% I didn't even know cockroaches DRANK!!!!

Oh yes, not forgetting, that these scary - yes, I admit, I am afraid of 'em - creatures who defy extinction, can survive without food for MONTHS to YEARS!! And the justification to that is, "see, they can survive the extinction of dinosaurs AND the ice age!"

Argh, I was freakin' out right about then! The only thing I needed to know about those pesky, sometimes flight-capable creatures from outer-space - yes, they are aliens to me - is to get the hell out of a room when their around, 'coz doesn't it seem like those equipped with flight properties go straight at ya when you see them??

1 comment:

Does it matter? said...

Your post made my day! Thanks a lot grandsenior. Hahaha.