Sunday, November 25, 2007

Of Apologies and Anonimity to the Power of 33

Hey peeps, truly sorry for the insanely loooooong hiatus! If you're still reading this, a big thank u! Right, here would be the time I give you some lame-ass excuse about how busy I've been and how hectic things are in my awfully drama-laden life in med school - if you're thinking; seriously, drama-laden in med school? - seriously.....very seriously (hmmm....sounds wrong) But anyways, I have some dish to spill, actually many, many dishes (can you see the devilish smirk I have on me face?!) hehe...so, today my dear readers, I present to you the reason why my life is so colourful (for lack of a better word) right now. Also, partly the reason why drama is always around the corner when it comes to yours truly! It's called.....you ready for it?! course mates!!



1. The one with a rubbish bin for a stomach; scratch that, I should say selective rubbish bin coz cinnamon is a no-no in his case. Awfully smart though....hmmm....maybe I shouldn't eat cinnamon that much, but still, who doesn't like cinnamon?! But he's great! Of course, you wouldn't expect anything less from my roommate would ya?!

2. The fart-o-nator.....enough said! Haha.....elaborate?? Well, there's really nothing much to say is there....it's simple....if Beethoven was a piano prodigy, then this one is a farting prodigy! Seriously! He can even control the frequency, sound, and I would go as far as saying the "odour" of it! Haha....oversharing no? well, that's probably his motto in life!! Some sick, twisted tendency to share his farts! Otherwise, he's a pretty good chap all around yea!

3. The tiny one who calls me the S.O.E - the source of all evil - seriously, me? Evil?? You gotta be kidding me!! Hehe....Haha...Hoohoo!! Anyhoos, he's a chinese boy - tiny lil' boy - but totally banana; speaks to chinese patients in the hospital.....in MALAY!! Has an awfully cute chinese name that sounds kinda like the noise mosquitoes make...ngeeeeeeeee

4. The Princess of GKL (Gao-Kai-Lui - basically it means big spender in hokkien), like many other girls, she would give up food for bags, shoes, clothes, make-up, perfume, products, seriously, the list goes on forever! Oh yes, if there's anyone who can sleep more than me, it's her! Awesomely fantastic friend, good company!

5. The petite, pretty and feisty sister. What she lacks in height, she makes up in her kick-ass humour and ultra-nice personality. However, once you cross her, that's it!! Ultimately a cool chick to hang out with....now if only we could do somethin bout her mobile phone which seems like it's super-glued to her ears!

6. His name is Stylo, James Stylo.....the kampung boy with mucho stylos!! He's really not from a kampung la, he lived in MY hometown all his life but then again, he's FROM a kampung!! Eeeesh, I'm so gonna get wacked!! It's really not that difficult to indentify him....if you're drving or walking down a familiar road and you just happen to catch a glance of somethin' peculiar, e.g like a neon light or a traffic light out of place, well it's probably just him in one of his uber-bright ensemble. To confirm, you can always look for lavender coloured shoes....seriously, their lavender! All jokes aside (I'm not really kidding actually)....good chap....good looking too!!

7. The one who looks like he trains with those guys from 98˚ - if you don't know who they are, there's this thing called "google", it's very hot now, go try it! Plus, he's super cool, good to hang out with, drinking buddy, good-lookin but it seems only nasty-looking, stalker-prone girls keep falling for him...poor thing!

8. The one who in my opinion could win Miss India! Hehe....But she ain't Indian, so too bad la! She's one of my very first friends in this course. Extremely sweet, even sweeter than sweeteners! Don't get me wrong though, she has her "moments"!! She's the master of "the mornin' syndrome", so if you think I'm "McNasty" in the morning, well, I learned from the best! That said, she's the very limited people that I can proudly say that I would call my friend many many many years to come!

9. The one that was not at all what I expected! She reminds me of one of my primary school classmates. Yes, I still keep in touch with my primary school friends, so bite me! Yups, she's one of those pretty, but awfully quiet ones. I used to think she had gold in her mouth coz she hardly ever spoke - to me at least - well, now that we're sorta living under the same roof (ah, keep ur dirty minds in check, it's a hostel roof, ok?!) I have to admit that I was really wrong about her. Surprisingly.....

10. Flaaaaaat!! Chaneling the fart-o-nator again!! Incredibly compromising person sometimes to preposterous proportions . Sweet, incredibly difficult to dislike. But sometimes, she's so nice, you feel like strangling her, if only for her own good.

11. The uber-responsible, commitment welcoming, totally nice and friendly one with the head thing.

12. The big sister, who's losing hair and has stained yellow teeth according to the fart-o-nator!! Hehe....She's one of the older ones among us, but heck, she looks younger than most of us here!! Seriously, I swear I didn't believe her when she told me her age!

13. Nothing much to say about him except that well, could be a trifle annoying sometimes with his facts...otherwise, he's alright la...

14. The one with the incredibly straight, long hair! Another petite one, feels like she only eats maggi mee!! I know, and she has that long hair! Serious!!

15. The one from the land famous for "siew pau"! Very responsible person. Her name sounds like the flower container. She's probably THE most reliable informant when you want to validate some news or gossip floating around. Oh yes, she may or may not have a physiological goitre!

16. The tall one, everytime I talk to him, I feel like I'm about to sprain my neck, so I step back a bit (a lot actually) or I choose to talk to him when there are staircases around so that I can look him in the eye when I talk and not, well, up his nostrils....

17. CK, Gucci, Prada and whatever-Cavalli outlets call him....yes....calls him, whenever there are some new items in the store....yes....new items...nope, not sale items....NEW items....oh yes...and who can forget the beemer named bambee?

18. The Mrs. to the Mr. CK! Nice girl, but can sometimes go "kuku"....start pinching and biting people - but then again, she hasn't been doing that ever since she got together with Mr. Bambee. Yups, kinda miss having her around! Seems all she does nowadays is visit French Connection UK stores, and when I say "stores" I don't literally mean "store" except maybe if you're thinking in the line of FCUK in a "store-room"??!

19. The one who leaves a lot of hair.....dog hair! No, he's not a human-doggy mutant!! LAME - I know, but it's my blog and you're reading it....go figure!! Hehe...

20. The one who looks like a gynae. Really, my sister took one look at him - in a GROUP photo - mind you, and says, " aiyo, he looks like a gynae!" Go figure! But then again, this is my sister who used to think that Aeron Kwok was cute.....eeew....the horrors of puberty, thank goodness she has since...."aged"...hehe....

21. The other big sister who's the roommate of the one who recently gave up her air-conditioned room coz she was about ready to melt in her old room. Confused yet?! This one strikes me as the motherly type. One who in future will juggle motherhood and career-woman with the ease of mercury sliding down the surface of a glass. She's poised, incredibly confident yet painfully humble too!!

22. I call him the walking dictionary! Looks like a lollipop....big head...thin....

23. The one with a little bit of body odour.....I've said too much!!

24. I call him the walking encyclopedia of medicine. He has this sorta cool gift of photographic memory, and he has the brain storage capacity that rivals the titanic itself - ok, ok, I know I'm being a trifle dramatic but seriously....he's freakin smart it's borderlines scary!!

25. If a triangle has 3 edges, this one is the fourth edge! Me knows me nots makin any sense, but trust me, the situation is so, so, insensible, so what you want me to do ar?! Let me see if I can make more sense of this seemingly unresolving tangle. So it all started with one of my coursemates liking this other coursemate, but this other coursemate likes another coursemate but this latter coursemate doesn't really want to complicate a good friendship, cause it was clear (for everyone else anyway) that the coursemate I'm mentioning right now likes him(or her - beat me to death, I'm not naming names) Ah, the drama of it all!!

26. The used to be class flirt. I say "used to be" because I think, well, with flirtation come drama, plus, when you only have 18 ladies in the class, there's some major shortage to where you project flirtation to right?! Kekeke.....that said, he's a good friend. Never one with shortage of drama though! And people call me the drama-king! Sheeesh!!

27. The persistent romeo. The one whose mobile phone ended up in the bottom a flood-drain! The edge that in my opinion, loses the most in the end - when the end comes that is - but still, you never know right? Circumstances change, things change, I guess that's how writers of famous TV shows keep audiences coming back for more no?! But why waste a perfectly good and functioning mobile phone?!

28. The reluctant lover. Technically not lover la, as far as I know, but you don't say "the reluctant more-than-friends right?! Hehehe.....ah, why the drama? What's life without a lil' bit of drama no? But then again, this whole non-triangle business can put those soap dramas to shame - without the sex of course - hehe...

29. The psycho one, used to be the most psychotic one, but nowadays she's lost her throne to an even more psychotic one....She's not really psychotic la, me thinks for the most part, she's misunderstood, but then again, how can one expect others to understand her when she comes up with sentences like, "I smell the stink smell?!"

30. The one with the hysterical laugh....sheesh....it's irritatin sometimes, nope, I take it back, it's freakishly irritatin most of the time it borderlines insane! Seriously, have you ever seen Batman? The ones with the character "The Joker" in it? Well, it's like living in that movie with this person! The craziness is palpable!

31. The one with the secret-keeping capacity of a teaspoon. Used to be close to me and many others, but her ways have swayed the formation of a considerable distance. I wonder if she's been misunderstood all this while, that we, not her is at fault. Yet, those are questions that I find most difficult to answer, or perhaps, those are questions that shall remain as they are, at least for now.

32. The one they call the big fat pig, but it's just a tease, coz she ain't fat, can't even say that she's plump....well, maybe a bit.....erm....maybe if you compared her to the rest of the girls here....coz everyone else is either way too thin or borderline aneroxic! She can be quite clue-less sometimes, whether or not she's pretendin or not that's another matter la! She's also one of those people who has the secret-keeping capacity of a teaspoon! And her presentations can be uber-ly long-ish that's why most of the time, she's called the "Great Wall of China"!!

33. Miss-self-absorbed, miss-the-whole-world-revolves-around-me, miss-I-went-to-the-U.K-for-3-months-vacation-some-years-ago-and
-somehow-the-accent-got- stuck-with-me-so-fuck-off!!


And then there's me, well, nobody dishes about themselves right?! Aiyo!! I guess it's important to say that these descriptions are what these characters project to me, personally, it's my opinion at this moment in time. Who knows what will change? I may think differently of some or many or all of them tomorrow right?! If say for instance you are reading this and you happen to be my coursemate and well, just don't agree with me....well, then, you can always tell me la, or better yet, don't read MY BLOG!!

xoxo

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ha ha.. good stuff man...!!
i like the 'French Connection UK stores!' part...

G@rY said...

khai hon!!!
long time no type! *lameness. pls slap me*

nyhoos, just wanted to say that im back!!!

til feb!!!

so drop me a line when u're back in klang and we can go get lunch or sumthin!

my mobile's 016-6237695

ciao

SeeWhyAsAN said...

SOE.. provider of anime and drama series.. Grrrr!!!!
pardon me.. i'm not totally banana. half banana. i can speak abit of mandarin k.. + hakka + hokkien.. not bad wert.. hmmph!!!
ps: my name is yi chai, shou yi.. which ever u wanna cal it.. it doesnt sound like a moseeeetoh!!!
grrrrrrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

gosh.....

i am not the princess of GKL!!!
mr. bambee is the president, followed by mr. soon-to-be honda city owner and followed by the owner of 3.5k SLR camera. how bout miss CRV? do not forget bout james stylo too...... 10 shirts for CNY is not sufficient.

what's hypnose to all these?? lolz......

i love this post. it's darn funny(esp the last few ones)..........=)

Anonymous said...

somebody goes for facial rx whenever he can and he has lotsa Lab Series products. besides that, he never stops buying ORIGINAL CDs and he s going to buy a Leica + he might be getting a car s00n. he is... the GKL prodigy! =P

Anonymous said...

Nicely twisted...hahaha

We were figuring out who is who just now and then finally we fit everyone to the best matching descriptions. Yeay!

With the fart-o-nator sharing his wrong impression, we almost got the wrong answers. But thank God we are brainy enuf ;)

Good write tho :)